1/3 Photos of Crab and Cauliflower Chowder
This recipe was discovered in BH&G's Appetizer's publication and is a delicious way to begin a festive meal. Or, make it for a special lunch or light dinner for yourself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crabmeat
- 1/4 cup dry white wine
- 1Place the cauliflower and water in a saucepan and bring to boiling.
- 2Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 4 minutes or just until crisp tender. Do not drain. Set aside.
- 3Melt butter over medium heat and stir in the flour. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- 4Add broth and milk and cook, stirring, until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- 5stir in the undrained cauliflower, cream cheese, pimiento, parsley, chives and salt.
- 6Stir over low heat until cream cheese melts.
- 7Stir in the crabmeat and heat through, then add wine.
- 8Serve sprinkled with more chives and parsley if desired.
- 9You can make this ahead and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Reheat gently and then serve.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab and Cauliflower Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (212 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 164.3
- Calories from Fat 113
- Total Fat 12.6 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 38.0 mg
- Sodium 270.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: