Recipe by Geema
This recipe was discovered in BH&G's Appetizer's publication and is a delicious way to begin a festive meal. Or, make it for a special lunch or light dinner for yourself.
Top Review by alostertag
Very good, i made crab and shrimp cauliflower chowder. i added onions and garlic, and a lot more salt and pepper. The cauliflower gives a great texture like potatos but healthier
- 2 cups cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can vegetable broth
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh chives, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crabmeat
- 1⁄4 cup dry white wine
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the cauliflower and water in a saucepan and bring to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, about 4 minutes or just until crisp tender. Do not drain. Set aside.
- Melt butter over medium heat and stir in the flour. Cook, stirring for 1 minute.
- Add broth and milk and cook, stirring, until slightly thickened and bubbly.
- stir in the undrained cauliflower, cream cheese, pimiento, parsley, chives and salt.
- Stir over low heat until cream cheese melts.
- Stir in the crabmeat and heat through, then add wine.
- Serve sprinkled with more chives and parsley if desired.
- You can make this ahead and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. Reheat gently and then serve.