Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
A creamy and luscious fondue.
- 8 ounces fresh crabs or 8 ounces frozen crab, torn into shreds
- 1 lb brie cheese, rind removed and cut into small chunks
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 2 tablespoons shallots, minced
- 1 tablespoon dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- white pepper
- nutmeg, to taste
- sourdough bread, cut into chunks to dip
- Mix the Brie and cornstarch together in a bowl. Bring the wine, mustard, and shallots to a boil in a sauce pan. Allow it to boil for about 5 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium high and slowly stir in the cheese and crab. Stir for about 5 minutes, until the flavors develop and the alcohol cooks away.
- Taste and adjust the seasonings.
- OK to prepare up to 2 days in advance and refrigerate, or freeze for up to 3 months.
- OK to use as a sauce over broccoli, asparagus, chicken breasts, or fish. Season with either 1/2 teaspoons dried crushed Tarragon or 2-4 minced green chilies. Serve with Chardonnay.