Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Diamond Head Grill's Executive Chef David Reardon and Executive Sous Chef Todd Constantino. Delicious with avocado salsa, wasabi, or honey mustard. You could make smaller crab cakes for appetisers, if you wish.
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat (Kona crab, if you can get it)
- 1 cup breadfruit, steamed and grated
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1⁄2 cup yellow pepper, diced
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- assorted salad greens
- In a small bowl, combine crab meat and steamed breadfruit; set to the side.
- In a hot saute pan, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil; add shallots, red and yellow pepper and saute for a few minutes or until tender.
- Cool, then add to crab mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients (except olive oil) and fold together.
- Divide into six cakes.
- Heat remaining olive oil in saute pan and cook crab cakes until golden brown on each side.
- Place on a plate of salad greens and serve with the condiments of your choice.