Recipe by JanuaryBride
This is simply the most sinful topper for a Filet Mignon. A must try for crab and blue cheese lovers. I modified the Lump Crab Gratin recipe that they were handing out during a recent trip to Sam's Club. I always half the recipe for 2 filets and then to pour over asparagus on the side!
Top Review by rosslare
Fantastic topper for many things I can think of (mushrooms, bruschetta, jacket potatoes...) but worked particularly well with the steak and asparagus. And it's so different, too!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 lb crabmeat (lump is best)
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon chopped onion
- 5 1⁄4 ounces boursin cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup blue cheese, crumbles
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat saute pan to med-high. Add garlic and onions and cook for approx 1 minute.
- Add crabmeat and cook for approx another minute (until heated through).
- Add the Boursin cheese and melt slowly. Once melted, add the half and half and simmer on med-low until liquid is reduced to a creamy sauce (2-4 minutes).
- Add the parmesan cheese and bleu cheese. It will thicken nicely.
- Season with pepper as you like.
- Pour over steaks and serve.
- It is also wonderful on asparagus.