This is simply the most sinful topper for a Filet Mignon. A must try for crab and blue cheese lovers. I modified the Lump Crab Gratin recipe that they were handing out during a recent trip to Sam's Club. I always half the recipe for 2 filets and then to pour over asparagus on the side!
- Heat saute pan to med-high. Add garlic and onions and cook for approx 1 minute.
- Add crabmeat and cook for approx another minute (until heated through).
- Add the Boursin cheese and melt slowly. Once melted, add the half and half and simmer on med-low until liquid is reduced to a creamy sauce (2-4 minutes).
- Add the parmesan cheese and bleu cheese. It will thicken nicely.
- Season with pepper as you like.
- Pour over steaks and serve.
- It is also wonderful on asparagus.
Fantastic topper for many things I can think of (mushrooms, bruschetta, jacket potatoes...) but worked particularly well with the steak and asparagus. And it's so different, too!
OMG This is soooo delicious! Added a little bit more blue cheese as I am a blue cheese junkie and used the light boursin cheese. Absolutely delicious!
I love crab and blue cheese -- won't eat steak w/o BC -- but this didn't do it! It didn't taste "bad" but then again, it didn't taste like much of anything, least of all BC. It was very thin and watery, pretty flavorless, and a huge disappointment after all the time picking through the crab. Thought about trying to turn the leftover "gravy" into something else appetizer-like with artichoke, but the original concoction was just so unappetizing that I decided to cut my losses and pitch it.