Prep 40 mins
Cook 0 mins
Lovely luncheon fair. Adapted from Southern Living.
- 4 medium tomatoes
- 1 medium avocado, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 (6 ounce) can lump crabmeat, drained, flaked, and picked over
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onions
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- lettuce leaf
- Slice the tops from the tomatoes; scoop out the pulp and leave shells intact; discard pulp.
- Put tomato shells upside down on paper towels to drain.
- In a mixing bowl, add avocado, crabmeat, and lemon juice; stir to combine.
- Add the eggs, bacon, onion, parsley, pepper, and mayonnaise; stir to combine.
- Season to taste with salt and more pepper if desired.
- Spoon mixture into tomato shells.
- Serve on lettuce leaves.
These were so good!! We loved them, they are so light and delicate tasting and delicious. I will definitely keep this one!
I loved stuffed tomatoes. For some reason, I think of them as dainty lady food that would be served in a tea room or something. These turned out perfect. The crab and avocado salad was lightly seasoned to my liking. Had a nice appealing look to them as well. Thanks, Seddi.