Make and share this Crab and Avocado Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb jumbo lump crab meat
- 3 ripe avocados
- 2 tablespoons bruinoise red peppers
- 2 tablespoons bruinoise yellow peppers
- 2 tablespoons bruinoise red onions
- 6 sesame crackers
- 3 tablespoons wasabi aioli
- 1 cucumber, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon black sesame seed
- 1 teaspoon slivered chives
- 5 cherry tomatoes
- salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Mix picked crabmeat with aioli, chives, salt and pepper.
- Cut avocados in half.
- Scoop out meat.
- Mash slightly with a fork with lime juice, brunoise vegetables, salt and pepper.
- On a plate, fan sliced cucumbers.
- Place avocados in center.
- Place crab on the avocado.
- Sesame cracker on top.
- with herbs or baby lettuce garnish.
- Around the outside of the plate, dot aioli alternating with cherry tomatoes.
- Sprinkle black sesame seeds.
- And Serve.
This was a meal in itself for me.... I prepared half of this recipe for my husband and I for a light lunch yesterday.... It was wonderful..... We both love crab salad and we both love avocado.... Who would have thought the two together would taste so wonderful.... I used miracle whip in place of the wasabi aioli because I was unable to find it anywhere and the taste was still great.... I would love to try it with the wasabi if I could find some..... I forgot to put on the black sesame seeds but will the next time I fix it..... I don't know what I was thinking or how I forgot them..... This will be made many many many times in my house..... Thanks so much for sharing....
I made this as an entree and loved it. My only difficulty was not knowing what "bruinoise" meant, but I figured it out (finely chopped). I used wasabi mayonnaise instead of aioli, made from my favourite commercial mayo with wasabi added to taste. I have no idea how much I used, I just added it to the crab until I liked the texture. I will use more wasabi next time, as the crab blunted the wasabi taste more than I expected. I also used about a tablespoon of chives (I like them) and lots more lime juice in the avocado mix, as I like to really taste the citrus. The presentation required far more than the stated number of cherry tomatoes, I used two thirds of a punnet, each one chopped in half. I couldn't find black sesame seeds, and will make sure to get some before I make it again. Delicious!
A fabulous rich yet healthy salad. The crab with and aioli is a delicious combination and when it sits atop a mess of avocado WOWZER. Omitted the sesame crackers and didn't miss it a bit. A great summer salad for when you don't want to heat up your kitchen.