Recipe by JustJanS
We catch lots of crab so I'm always looking for interesting ways to use them. This recipe was on TASTE.
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated palm sugar
- 2 limes, juice of
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped coriander
- 1 long red chili, finely chopped
- 300 g fresh crabmeat
- 8 large rice paper sheets
- 1 small carrot, cut into thin matchsticks
- 1 large ripe avocado, cut into thin wedges
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 cup watercress leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Stir fish sauce, sugar, juice of 1 1/2 limes, 1 tbs coriander and half the chilli in a bowl until sugar dissolves. Set aside.
- Toss crab with remaining lime, chilli and coriander. Season.
- Fill a dish with warm water, then dip 1 rice paper in water for 30 seconds. Remove and pat dry with a towel.
- Lay paper on a bench and place 2 tbs crab at end nearest you. Top with some carrot, avocado, onion and cress. Fold in sides of paper, then roll up to enclose. Repeat to make 8 rolls.
- Halve and serve with sauce.