Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is an adopted recipe that I've not yet had the chance to try. Any reviews by those who make this recipe would be appreciated. Thanks!
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat, cooked
- 2 avocados, peeled & chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup tomatoes, chopped (I would use Roma)
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice (fresh)
- 2 tablespoons green olives or 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, snipped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups lettuce, finely chopped
- 1 lemon wedges or 1 lime wedge
- Mix all ingredients except lettuce and lime wedges.
- Place 1/4 cup of lettuce on each of 6 serving dishes.
- Divide the crabmeat mixture among the dishes.
- Garnish with lime wedges.
So, so good... If you are looking for a good seafood salad that isn't aturated in mayonaisse, then this is a good recipe for you. It has a Tex Mex flavor and hints of a favored dish called cerviche (minus the tomato sauce)
Just made it tonight and it was a big hit with the family. It is very balanced in it's flavors. When I was making it I hesitated to put the olives in because I thought it would detract from the avocado and crab flavor. The olives turned out to be the ingredient that made it great. Great cold summer salad recipe, or take to a party dish.