Recipe by Chef 'Diva Divine
Low cholesterol dish that is so tasty you wouldn't know it was "good" for you without being told. Well worth a try
- 10 ounces frozen asparagus (cut)
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms (sliced)
- 1⁄4 cup onion (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon light margarine
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg (ground)
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 8 ounces crabmeat (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tablespoons almonds (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook asparagus according to package, drain well; set aside.
- In medium sauce pan cook mushrooms & onion in margarine till onion is tender but not brown.
- Stir in cornstarch, salt, nutmeg, & pepper. Stir in milk all at once.
- Cook and stir until thickened & bubbly. Cook & stir for 1 minute more. Stir in crab & asparagus.
- Spoon mixture into small baking dish.
- In small bowl stir together almonds & parm. Sprinkle atop casserole.
- Bake in a 400 degrees oven for 10-15mins or until mixture is heated through and cheese is browned.