Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Excellant spring-time soup with a creamy base. Courtesy of Wegmans.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen asparagus cuts, thawed
- 16 ounces crabmeat
- 1 bunch green onion, trimmed and chopped
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of chicken soup
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- white pepper
- Melt butter over medium-high heat in a medium saucepan.
- Add asparagus, crab and onions.
- Saute 2 to 3 minutes, or until soft.
- Reduce heat to medium low, add soup, broth and water.
- Bring to a boil, add soy sauce and white pepper to taste.
Delicious! I couldn't find a package of just asparagus spears, so I used asparagus stir fry. Wonderful, mild, creamy flavor! I also used 98% fat free cream of chicken soup to lighten the calorie/fat content of this soup. It's definitely a keeper! :)