Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Food & Wine.
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 6 ounces artichoke hearts (drained, 4 reserved and the rest coarsely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried greek oregano
- 2 large basil leaves
- 1⁄2 cup white wine vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 5 scallions, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, picked over
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- In a pot of boiling salted water, cook the orzo until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water, then drain; transfer to a bowl.
- Meanwhile, in a blender, puree the 4 reserved artichoke quarters with the garlic, shallot, mustard, oregano, basil and vinegar.
- With the machine on, pour in the oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Stir 1 cup of the vinaigrette into the orzo. Add the chopped artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, scallions, crabmeat and parsley; season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the orzo into shallow bowls and serve, passing the remaining vinaigrette at the table.