Food & Wine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb orzo pasta
- 6 ounces artichoke hearts (drained, 4 reserved and the rest coarsely chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried greek oregano
- 2 large basil leaves
- 1/2 cup white wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 10 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained and sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 5 scallions, thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 lb lump crabmeat, picked over
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1In a pot of boiling salted water, cook the orzo until al dente. Drain and rinse under cold water, then drain; transfer to a bowl.
- 2Meanwhile, in a blender, puree the 4 reserved artichoke quarters with the garlic, shallot, mustard, oregano, basil and vinegar.
- 3With the machine on, pour in the oil; season with salt and pepper.
- 4Stir 1 cup of the vinaigrette into the orzo. Add the chopped artichokes, sun-dried tomatoes, scallions, crabmeat and parsley; season with salt and pepper.
- 5Spoon the orzo into shallow bowls and serve, passing the remaining vinaigrette at the table.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab and Artichoke Orzo Salad
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 957.8
- Calories from Fat 404
- Total Fat 44.9 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 86.0 mg
- Sodium 614.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.2 g
- Sugars 2.9 g
- Protein 42.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
white wine vinegar