From "The Best Of" on Food Network. Edit: Mommy Diva was kind enough to try this recipe before I'd had a chance to make it and we both agree it SHOULDN'T be pureed! Dips should have texture so feel free to place in a casserole dish after simmering for a few minutes. Top with bread crumbs and bake according to directions. Enjoy!
- 2 cups shallots, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 8 ounces artichoke hearts, chopped
- 8 ounces crabmeat
- 4 cups spinach (Can also use 1 10 oz box frozen, chopped spinach, thawed and drained of all water)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup tomato, diced
- 1 cup boursin cheese
- 1 cup breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Saute shallots and garlic in olive oil until caramelized.
- Add the artichokes and crab; saute.
- Add spinach, cream, crushed red pepper, tomatoes and cheese. Stir.
- Let it simmer then puree mixture. (See Recipe Description if you like dips with texture.).
- Place in casserole dish and top with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 7 minutes. Serve with thinly sliced baguette rounds.