1/2 Photos of Crab and Andouille Jambalaya
From Food & Wine magazine. This makes a pretty and tasty meal for four. If you like your jambalaya really spicy, you could add hot sauce when serving. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 12 ounces andouille sausages, quartered lengthwise and cut into 3/4 inch pieces
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 celery rib, finely chopped
- 2 large garlic cloves, very finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 1/4 cups jasmine rice, rinsed
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock or 1 1/2 cups low-sodium broth
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 sprig thyme
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat
- 3 scallions, finely chopped
- hot sauce, for serving
- 1In a medium to large enameled cast-iron pot (or any thick, good quality cookware), heat the olive oil.
- 2Add the andouille and cook over med-high to high heat, stirring occasionally, until lightly browned, about 3 minutes. Transfer to a bowl.
- 3Add the onion, bell pepper, celery and garlic to the same pot.
- 4Cover and cook over med-high heat, stirring occasionally, until the veggies are soft, about 3 minutes.
- 5Add the Old Bay, rice, andouille and cook, stirring occasionally, until the rice is opaque, about 2 minutes.
- 6Add the chicken stock, water and thyme, season lightly with salt and pepper and bring to a boil - then turn heat to very low.
- 7Cover and cook over very low heat until the rice is tender and the liquid is absorbed, about 15 minutes.
- 8Fluff the rice with a fork and stir in the crab and scallions.
- 9Cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes, just until the crab is hot.
- 10Discard the thyme sprig.
- 11Serve the jambalaya in bowls, passing the hot sauce at the table.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Crab and Andouille Jambalaya
Serving Size: 1 (483 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 754.9
- Calories from Fat 352
- Total Fat 39.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 94.6 mg
- Sodium 1397.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 36.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning