Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Just had to try this combo. Serve with garlic bread,& a salad
- 8 ounces thin spaghetti or 8 ounces pasta, your choice.
- 2 cups chopped crabmeat (imitation works well)
- 1 cup asparagus, cut up
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, cut fine or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup grated italian cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain and place in large bowl; keep warm.
- In a medium sauce pan saute onion & garlic in oil until golden.
- Add water if needed.
- In a small sauce pan stir together milk, chicken broth, flour, oregano, basil & pepper over medium heat until smooth & thickened.
- Add asparagus to onion mixture cook about 3 minutes.
- Add crab meat.
- Stir the thickened milk mixture into the crab mixture.
- Stir in cheese.
- Pour over pasta & toss.
- Serves 5.
Made this about a week ago, and it was *really* good! The herbs were an interesting addition to the sauce. Yum!