Prep 8 mins
Cook 10 mins
I came up with this version of crab alfredo because my granddaughter loves crab but, is slightly allergic to seafoods. It uses imitation crab, although the real thing is good too.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat, stir in flour.
- Gradually add half-and-half, stir until thickened.
- Add parmesan cheese, cook and stir until smooth.
- Fold in crab and heat 3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Toss fettuccini with sauce. serve. garnish with parsley.
Great way to use imitaion crab. I doubled this recipe and used garlic/herb fettuccine. I added some crushed garlic to the alfredo sauce for some extra flavor. It's a nice, inexpensive meal (if using the imitation crab). I'd like to make this again with real lump crabmeat.