Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
From a French cooking site, a nice fusion dish which you can spice up if you like. Serve the crepes with sour cream, guacamole, salsa.
- 12 crepes
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 7 ounces queso fresco, drained
- 1 onion, medium
- 1 garlic clove (or more if you like)
- 1 red bell pepper, peeled and seeded
- 1 small chili pepper (seeded unless you prefer the extra heat)
- 1 cup corn kernel
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 ounce butter
- salt and pepper
- Trim the chicken of any sinew or fat and cut it into strips.
- Chop the garlic and peppers and onion.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Saute the chicken over medium high heat in 2 tablespoons of oil for about three minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Add the onion, garlic and peppers and saute for another two minutes.
- Place into a bowl with the corn, cilantro and crumbled cheese and combine.
- Fill and roll the crepes, and place in a buttered baking dish.
- Bake for ten minutes and then serve while hot.
this was WONDERFUL. It looked so elegant but gave me the flavors of mexico. Made as directed but subbed monterey jack for the queso fresco
Great recipe that you can even make ahead of time! I wrapped the crepes up and packed them in lunches with a sauce I made with butter, flour, milk, and taco seasoning.... and when it was time to serve I had the people I was serving to just nuke these in the microwave! Everyone gave rave reviews! Made for ZWT 3!
I made this last night.I try to always have crÃªpes in the freezer.I admit I didn't put the cilantro(don't care for it). Lovely presentation and a wonderful taste.I made it for WT3.Thanks for sharing. Rita