Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I haven't tried this cookie yet, but I love filled cookies. The recipe didn't give an amount so I am guessing at this. I will use a 1 1/4 in. round cookie cutter, Prep time does not include chilling time.
- 1 cup soft butter
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 1⁄4 cup softened butter
- 3⁄4 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Mix butter, cream and flour.
- Chill mixture for two hours.
- Roll one half of the dough at a time, keeping the rest chilled. Roll dough 1/8 inch thick on floured board.
- Cut into circles. Transfer rounds to waxed paper heavily covered with granulated sugar. Turn each round so that each round is covered on both sides.
- Place on ungreased cookies sheet. Prick several times with fork. Bake at 375°F for 7-9 minutes.
- Mix filling ingredients together. Spread filling on one wafer and top filling with another wafer to create a wafer sandwich.
I have made this recipe for years! Though the prep is time consuming, the end result is a well loved cookie. My kids all ask for it and they are all adults!