Recipe by patty m
Delicious 3 layer bars perfect for the holidays.
Top Review by noway
We made these as part of our holiday cookie tray this year, and I'm having a hard time saving enough for Christmas :) My hubby's late grandma made these all the time growing up and he has very fond memories of them, he said they taste exactly as he remembers. Thanks for posting!
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar, sift after measuring
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup green creme de menthe
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, sift after measuring
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Bottom layer: In saucepan combine 1/2 cup butter or margarine with 1/2 cup cocoa.
- Heat and stir until well blended.
- Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, 1 beaten egg and 1 tsp vanilla.
- Stir in 2 cups graham cracker crumbs.
- Mix well; press into bottom of 13x9 baking pan.
- Middle layer: Melt another 1/2 cup butter or margarine and put into small mixer bowl.
- Add 1/3 cup green creme de menthe.
- At low speed of mixer beat in 3 cups confectioners' sugar.
- Spread over bottom layer.
- Chill 1 hour.
- Top layer: Combine 1/4 cup butter and 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips.
- Stir over low heat until melted.
- Spread over chilled middle layer.
- Chill another 1 to 2 hours.
- Cut in small 1-inch squares.
- Keep refrigerated.