Prep 3 hrs
Cook 0 mins
Delicious 3 layer bars perfect for the holidays.
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar, sift after measuring
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup green creme de menthe
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar, sift after measuring
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 1⁄2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Bottom layer: In saucepan combine 1/2 cup butter or margarine with 1/2 cup cocoa.
- Heat and stir until well blended.
- Remove from heat and add 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar, 1 beaten egg and 1 tsp vanilla.
- Stir in 2 cups graham cracker crumbs.
- Mix well; press into bottom of 13x9 baking pan.
- Middle layer: Melt another 1/2 cup butter or margarine and put into small mixer bowl.
- Add 1/3 cup green creme de menthe.
- At low speed of mixer beat in 3 cups confectioners' sugar.
- Spread over bottom layer.
- Chill 1 hour.
- Top layer: Combine 1/4 cup butter and 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips.
- Stir over low heat until melted.
- Spread over chilled middle layer.
- Chill another 1 to 2 hours.
- Cut in small 1-inch squares.
- Keep refrigerated.
We made these as part of our holiday cookie tray this year, and I'm having a hard time saving enough for Christmas :) My hubby's late grandma made these all the time growing up and he has very fond memories of them, he said they taste exactly as he remembers. Thanks for posting!
Oh Wow, are these good. Definitely cut into small squares, they are very rich. Very pretty addition for a holiday cookie tray. Thanks!