Prep 0 mins
Cook 30 mins
This recipe is an adoptee from the now-mostly-empty recipezaar account. As the commentator below notes, there were once serious problems with this recipe. I have worked with it a bit to come up with something that should work and should even, darn it, be good! Enjoy!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 16 ounces chocolate syrup or 16 ounces dark chocolate syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
For the Creme de Menthe Frosting
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup creme de menthe
For the Melted Chocolate Topping
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 6 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease one 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Beat the white sugar with 1 cup of the butter or margarine until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs. Then stir in the flour, salt, chocolate syrup and vanilla. Mix until combined.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake at 350° (175°C) for 30 minutes. Let cool then frost with Crème de Menthe Frosting (See below for recipe). Refrigerate until set. Then spread Melted Chocolate topping (see below) over top. Let sit until set and cut into bars.
- To Make Crème de Menthe Frosting: Combine the confectioners' sugar, 1/2 cup butter or margarine and crème de menthe. Mix until smooth.
- # To Make Melted Chocolate Topping: Melt the chocolate chips and 6 tablespoons butter together. Stir until smooth and spread evenly over the top of the cooled filling.
- Let set and cut into bars.
The directions to these bars are not clear. It refers to the crust, filling and topping ingredients but does not specify which is which.