I had this salad at California Pizza Kitchen in Charlotte NC, and it blew me away! I couldn't find a recipe for it, so here's my attempt at recreating it. I used the ingredient list in their menu (and photo) for inspiration. It can be served without chicken or steak for vegetarian for a very satisfying salad. Posted for safekeeping. Servings are estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 bunch fresh asparagus, cut in 2-inch lengths
- 1/4 eggplant, cut in 1/2 slices
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthwise and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 green onion
- 2 ears corn, kernels removed or 1/2 lb frozen corn
- 1/2 head romaine lettuce or 1/2 head red leaf lettuce, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomatoes, chopped and soaked and drained
- 1 -2 boneless chicken breasts, seasoned and grilled (optional) or 1 steak, seasoned and seared (optional)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1Grill asparagus, eggplant, zucchini, corn, and meat as desired.
- 2Suggestion: I put the olive oil in a 9x12 pyrex dish and added the vegs (but for the sake of presentation don't mix together), roasting them under the broiler.
- 3Put a bed of lettuce on plate,
- 4On top of that,mound each grilled veg separately around the edges.
- 5Top with sliced meat, if using.
- 6add chopped green onion and avo.
- 7Dress with dijon balsamic dressing (I used a recipe from this site).
- 8It makes a beautiful presentation when vegs are separate on the plate, then tossed to eat.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cpk's Grilled Vegetable Salad - My Version
Serving Size: 1 (334 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 424.4
- Calories from Fat 215
- Total Fat 23.9 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 122.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.9 g
- Sugars 11.6 g
- Protein 11.2 g