Recipe by Pain au Chocolat
A very thick, pleasantly herb-y tomato sauce used by the California Pizza Kitchen chain of restaurants.
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
Yum! Loved how this tasted like fresh tomatoes! I also liked that it made a small batch (enough for 4 individual pizzas or 1 large pizza), because so many times I've made other pizza sauces and ended up throwing some away because the leftovers went moldy before I could use them up. I'm sure I'll be using this again, thanks for posting! Made for PAC Spring 2012
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh garlic (about 2 cloves)
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced into 1/2 inch cubes (plum)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano leaves (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the garlic in the olive oil in a nonstick pan, over medium heat for 1 to 2 minutes, until the garlic's just starting to be translucent.
- Add the remainder of the ingredients except for the tomato paste, reduce heat slightly and cook, stirring frequently, until the tomato juices evaporate (about 10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in tomato paste.