Recipe by ellie_
This delicious recipe was taught in an Italian cooking class I attended. Green Lip Mussels are sold frozen - possible subs for the mussels are swordfish or tuna.
Top Review by Dienia B.
i really like mussels which i get in the frozen fish area at walmarts i used anise extract ,just a couple of drops , instead of anisette .it really bumped up the flavor a good recipe to try , i really do like the flavor of anise with this
- 30 green lip mussels (see possible subs listed in the description)
- 1⁄2 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup tomatoes, pureed
- 1⁄4 cup white wine
- 1⁄4 cup fish stock (or clam broth)
- 4 tablespoons anisette
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet over medium heat add olive oil and onions. Cook until tender. Stir in garlic and cook stirring until golden.
- Stir in mussels (see subs in description), wine and broth and let simmer for 2-5 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes and anisette (or Sambucca) and let simmer for 5 minutes or so.
- Pour into bowls to serve.