Le Beast's Note:
I say "cozy" cause this is my favorite comfort soup, it's so rich in flavour you'll want to make it every time it rains!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 14.79 ml vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 398 ml can stewed tomatoes
- 946.36 ml vegetable stock
- 29.58 ml chopped sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained
- 0.25 ml dried chili pepper flakes (I use more cause I like it spicy!)
- 118.29 ml orzo pasta
- 540 ml can white kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- parmesan cheese, for topping
- 1In a large heavy saucepan, heat the oil over medium heat.
- 2Add onion and garlic, sauté for 4 minutes or until onion is soft.
- 3Add tomatoes, stock, sun-dried tomatoes and pepper flakes and bring to a boil.
- 4Add orzo and simmer about 12 minutes, or until pasta is cooked, stirring often to prevent sticking on the bottom.
- 5Add beans and heat through, about 5 minutes.
- 6Add salt and pepper to taste.
- 7Serve topped with as much parmesan cheese that you like!
- 8Now pick a cozy spot on the couch and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Stocks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Stocks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cozy Orzo and White Bean Soup
Serving Size: 1 (310 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 276.3
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 677.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 8.9 g
- Protein 11.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: