Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
I hope you enjoy!!!
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 cups milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 cup whipped cream
- ground cinnamon (optional)
- In a small saucepan, mix the cocoa and sugar; add water and stir until smooth.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Boil for 1 minute.
- Reduce heat; stir in milk and heat through.
- Remove from the heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour into 2 cups; top with whipped cream and cinnamon if desired.
Good basic hot chocolate recipe. It will not wow your socks off, but since it is stuff I usually have at the house it worked well for an unexpectedly cold night. I would equate it with one of the premium packaged hot chocolate mixes.