Recipe by Mrs.Jack
My Mom gave me this recipe when I was in college-about 1977. I still make it today! The marinated mushrooms really add the zip-you won't believe it! Enjoy!
- 1 (4 ounce) jar mushrooms, whole
- 1⁄2 cup Italian salad dressing (I like Kraft's Zesty Italian)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 cup chicken broth
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain mushrooms and marinate in italian dressing overnight; drain.
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper; dredge chicken in seasoned flour and brown in hot oil in large skillet. (An electric skillet is good for this.).
- Add remaining flour mixture to skillet and stir until smooth.
- Add soup, water, and mushrooms; cover and simmer over low heat, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in chicken broth.
- Cook 15-30 minutes or until tender.
- Serve over hot noodles. (I like large egg noodles.).