Recipe by Ceezie
Because Cody, Wyo., is a true Western town and the home of Buffalo Bill, our guests have given Wild West names to many of our favorite recipes. This hearty recipe will give any cowboy or cowgirl a good start to the day. This recipe was posted in American Profile by Wendy Evarts ** Best if left to sit overnight
- 1 lb bulk sausage, browned and drained
- 1⁄2 lb bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
- 12 ounces frozen hash browns
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese or 2 cups monterey jack cheese, divided
- 1 cup Bisquick reduced-fat baking mix
- 3 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- garlic salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Oil a 13-by-9-inch glass baking dish or spray it with cooking spray.
- Combine sausage, bacon, hash browns, bell pepper, green onions and 1 cup cheese in a large bowl. Spread in baking pan.
- Whisk together Bisquick, milk, salt and eggs until well blended. Pour over potato mixture. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover and refrigerate overnight (no longer than 24 hours).
- The Next Day: Preheat oven to 375°F Remove dish from refrigerator.
- Bake, uncovered, 30 to 35 minutes, until light golden brown around the edges. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Serves 12.