1/2 Photos of Cowboy "this-N-That" Hearty Soup
Tornado Ali's Note:
Pepper-Jack queso, but only chili-ready tomatoes. Chili-ready tomatoes, but only baked beans. So...we threw it in the pot and out came the heartiest, yummiest soup a true Texan cowboy could ever say "Maam, now that's some goo-oood cooking" about.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef, cooked and drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can chili-ready tomatoes
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 4 cups water
- 1 (16 ounce) jar salsa con queso (we used pepperjack)
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can baked beans
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can corn, drained
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- sour cream (optional)
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional) or muenster cheese (optional)
- 1Dump everything but the optional ingredients into a large stockpot or crockpot.
- 2Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes. If cooking in crockpot, cook on high four hours or low for eight hours.
- 3Once bubbly hot, serve. Garnish with dollops of sour cream and shredded cheese, if you prefer.
- 4FOR FREEZING OR oamc: Pour soup into large gallon size freezer bag(s)or other freezer containers. Remove as much air as possible, seal and freeze flat. Reheat slowly in crockpot or stovetop, adding 1/4 water at the beginning.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cowboy "this-N-That" Hearty Soup
Serving Size: 1 (286 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.9
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 30.8 mg
- Sodium 310.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 12.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
salsa con queso