Recipe by Audrey M
This recipe is packed full of flavor. Great sauce leftover to make a wonderful gravy for over mashed potatoes.
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce, divided
- 2 cups mashed cooked peeled baking potatoes (about 1-pound uncooked potatoes)
- 1 cup regular oatmeal
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, drained and mashed
- cooking spray
- 3 ounces shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375*.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and next 6 ingredients (onion through jalapeno); saute 3 minutes.
- Stir in 1/4 cup barbecue sauce, potato, and the next 7 ingredients (potato through beans).
- Spoon the potato mixture into a 9x5" loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375º for 30 minutes.
- Brush 1/4 cup barbecue sauce over loaf, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake an additional 10 minutes or until done.