1/1 Photo of Cowboy Stew
5 hrs 20 mins
I created this recipe when it was cold outside a couple of years ago... wanted something sort of like chili, but with the comfort food feel of a roast. This is yummy and can easily be heated with jalepenos for adults or dialed down a bit for kids. My family loves this dish, and it's so easy to fill the crock pot and come home to great smells and flavors for dinner.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef or 1 1/2 lbs ground turkey
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chili beans
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 large bell pepper, chopped
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 3 slices bacon
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 2 teaspoons seasoning (hamburger)
- 2 jalapenos, sliced (optional)
- 4 medium potatoes, sliced (optional)
- 1Combine garlic, onion, pepper, and ground beef in skillet. Sprinkle with seasoning mix while browning meat.
- 2Move ingredients to crock pot (set crock pot to medium).
- 3Add remaining ingredients to crock pot.
- 4Cook for five or more hours. Add salt and chili powder to taste.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cowboy Stew
Serving Size: 1 (574 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 521.0
- Calories from Fat 179
- Total Fat 19.9 g
- Saturated Fat 7.5 g
- Cholesterol 79.8 mg
- Sodium 3019.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.2 g
- Sugars 4.5 g
- Protein 36.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: