Prep 10 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This is a delicious and easy meal that my family loves. Just fire up the crock pot, toss in the ingredients, wait 4 hours, and dinner's ready. It's good with tortilla chips, salsa, and sour cream on the side. Also tasty rolled up in tortilla shells with a little Mexican cheese. Or you can eat it just as it is!
- 1 lb ground beef, browned
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) package Spanish rice mix (I use Zatarain's)
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes (chili style)
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn
- Spray the bottom and sides of crock pot with non-stick cooking spray.
- Layer the browned ground beef, rice mix, crushed tomatoes, diced tomatoes (do not drain), and corn in crock pot. Do not stir.
- Cover and heat on low for 4 hours or until rice is tender. Stir well and serve.
This recipe was extremely easy to prepare and tasted wonderful. We used it as a dip w/ tortilla chips.