Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
Easy to make and delicious. Serve with a salad and rolls.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean beef, cubed
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup hot water or 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 1 dash pepper
- 1⁄4 bay leaf (optional)
- 1 (1 lb) canbrick oven baked beans
- 1 small onion, chopped and sauteed (optional)
- Roll meat in flour mixed with salt.
- Brown slowly in hot oil.
- Add water, tomato sauce and seasonings, bring to boil over high heat.
- Reduce heat to low. Cover tightly and simmer 1 1/2 hours or until tender.
- Add baked beans and onions.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add a little water from time to time if more gravy is needed.