Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this recipe in an Eat Smart magazine
Make and share this Cowboy Steak With Coffee and Ancho Rub recipe from Food.com.
Coffee and Ancho Rub
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ancho chilies (or chili powder)
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons espresso coffee, finely ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly grounded
- 1 1⁄4 lbs top sirloin steaks
- Coffee and Ancho Rub: Combine the ingredients well and rub into both sides of the steak.
- Cook the steak 5 minutes per side, turning once, for medium rare or cook to your desired degree of doneness.
- Allow the steak to sit for 5 minutes before slicing thinly.