Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
While in the pursuit of a more traditional Texas Style Chili, I came across this recipe for Cowboy Steak Chili http://recipes.suite101.com/article.cfm/cowboy_steak_chili. Aside from the chili itself, the recipe includes this fabulous Cowboy Steak Seasoning, used to season the steak in this chili. See my posting for the Cowboy Steak Chili Recipe. YEEHAA
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon coffee beans, dark freshly finely ground
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne (or to taste)
- In a large fry pan over medium low flame, toss in all the seasonings except the brown sugar.
- Let the spices bloom until they just begin to color and the aroma from the pan is killer.
- Remove from the heat, transfer bowl and stir in the brown sugar.
This is going to make a very flavorful rub....and the only problem I had was with the "blooming" of the spices. I have a respitory problem, and I almost choked to death on the fragrance. So a word of caution......If you suffer from breathing problems, make sure you make this in a WELL VENTILATED kitchen. Made for Comfort Cafe Snow Queen Chalet Jan 2010.
Yummy fragrance! Will be making something tasty with it soon! Love the coriander in it!
Very very nice. Again, the aroma is fabulous. We will be using this to coat turkey patties for dinner tomorrow. Excellent aromas I cannot wait to eat it now.