Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 hrs
A hearty meal that really hits the spot on cold winter days!
- 2 1⁄4 lbs stew meat
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 medium potatoes, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 6 large carrots, peeled and sliced 1/2 in thick
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- Place the stew meat in the bottom of a 5 qt or larger crock pot. Stir in seasoning salt and pepper. When meat is coated with seasonings, spread evenly.
- Layer the onion, then the potatoes, carrots, celery and then green beans on top.
- In a medium sized bowl, stir together the tomatoes, soup and tapioca. Pour over the meat and vegetables.
- Cover the pot and cook on high for 5-6 hours or on low 9-10 hours on low-until vegetables are tender.
- Stir once during the last hour of cooking. Serve with cornbread or rolls.