Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Cindy Kavor shared this award-winning recipe with the 100 Pennies Scholarship drive. This is a great make-ahead salad that delivers the goods.
- 1 cup of paul's olive oil and vinegar dressing
- 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chipotle chiles, in adolbo sauce chopped
- 1 large lime, juice of (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 (15 1/2-19 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 (15 1/2-16 ounce) cans whole kernel corn
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped green onion (including the tops)
- 1⁄2 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups coarsely chopped tomatoes
- lime wedge, and
- fresh cilantro stem, for garnish
- TO make the dressing, mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- TO make the salad, mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- ADD the dressing to the salad and leave in the refrigerator for one hour or one day.
- BEFORE serving the salad, add the chopped tomatoes and garnish with lime wedges and cilantro.
Great! Makes a lot.
Tasty & easy. Made just like the recipe instructed. I can see this stuffed inside a pita or rolled in a tortilla. I'd never had Newmans Olive Oil Vinegar dressing. It is delicious on it's own and also with the added ingredients in this salad.
Took this to a Holiday dinner, they were serving enchiladas. The salad was very different and complimented the meal well. Had a few requests for the recipe too! Thanks for sharing!