1 hr 15 mins
Cindy Kavor shared this award-winning recipe with the 100 Pennies Scholarship drive. This is a great make-ahead salad that delivers the goods.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup of paul's olive oil and vinegar dressing
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons chipotle chiles, in adolbo sauce chopped
- 1 large lime, juice of (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 (15 1/2-19 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 (15 1/2-16 ounce) cans whole kernel corn
- 3 cups cooked white rice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onion (including the tops)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1TO make the dressing, mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- 2TO make the salad, mix all the ingredients in a bowl.
- 3ADD the dressing to the salad and leave in the refrigerator for one hour or one day.
- 4BEFORE serving the salad, add the chopped tomatoes and garnish with lime wedges and cilantro.
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cowboy Salad, Paul Newman's Favorite
Serving Size: 1 (710 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 797.7
- Calories from Fat 236
- Total Fat 26.2 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1770.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 126.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.4 g
- Sugars 10.7 g
- Protein 25.3 g