Recipe by silly sally
These ribs are oven-roasted. Select meaty, country-style ribs, back ribs cut from the blade and center section of the pork loin, or boneless ribs. Keep side dishes simple - grilled veggies, potato salad or coleslaw. A good rule of thumb is: Ribs are ready to eat when meat wiggles from bone. Recipe comes from a page ripped out of Grit magazine, back in 1994.
- 5 lbs pork spareribs
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup butter or 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup chili powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Place ribs in a shallow roasting pan.
- Cover with foil.
- Roast at 400°F for 1 1/2 hours.
- Combine rest of ingredients in med saucepan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes.
- Brush sauce on ribs.
- Broil 5 inches from heat for 7 - 10 minutes.
- Turn pieces and broil 7 - 10 minutes again.
- Serve ribs with additional sauce.