Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My family's been making this tasty side dish for years, and I was surprised not to find something similar already here. Goes great with grilled meats, burgers, or sausages. Use any color of bell peppers you have, or a combo.
- 2 medium potatoes, scrubbed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup bell pepper, diced
- salt and pepper
- Peel potatoes, if desired (I like to leave the peel on) and cut into 1/2" dice.
- Heat olive oil in large skillet (you can reduce the amount of oil if using a non-stick skillet). Add the potatoes, spreading into a single layer. Don't stir yet! Let them get golden brown on one side.
- Stir the potatoes, and let them brown on another side. Stir again, adding the pepper and onion. Continue to cook until the onions and peppers are tender. If the potatoes are not done, reduce heat to low and cover the skillet until they're done.
- Add salt and pepper to taste, and serve.