Recipe by Kate in Ontario
This is a recipe I adapted from the pampered chef. It makes a nice side dish or is a welcome addition to an appetizer tray. Easy to make and kid-friendly.
Top Review by Ducky
Wonderful! These taste a lot like potato skins. We could eat these as a whole meal. The potatoes were baked in a 13x9-inch baking dish and made about 1 1/2 layers. I used 1 C of Sargento Taco & Nacho cheese and 3 green onions. Since we don't eat pork products, I used turkey bacon, which still added a nice bacon flavor. Next time I would use a bit more barbecue sauce (I think the amount really depends on how many potato slices you have). We will definitely have these again; tasty and easy.
- 2 large baking potatoes, unpeeled
- no-stick vegetable oil cooking spray
- 1⁄2-3⁄4 cup tex-mex cheese
- 5 slices bacon, cooked,drained and crumbled
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Slice potatoes evenly, about 1/4" thick.
- Spray baking pan with no stick spray.
- Place potatoes on pan and bake turning once until golden, about 15-20 minutes Combine bacon, cheese, and green onions.
- Remove potatoes from oven.
- Brush tops with barbecue sauce.
- Evenly spread cheese topping blend on top.
- Return to oven and bake until cheese is melted.