Recipe by PinkCherryBlossom
I make this when my brother and sister come to visit me. They get it with cornbread and sasperella, if i told them what was in it they would turn their noses up but served like this it a "Cowboy dinner"
Top Review by TattooedMamaof2
Made this last night and DH loved it! I used Morningstar Chik'n Strips instead of the smoked tofu. I didn't use any onion (I didn't feel like using another pan) I did omit the water also, I didn't need it. Thanks for the recipe!
- 1 (220 g) package smoked tofu
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (420 g) can vegetarian baked beans
- 4 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mild chili sauce (1tsp chilli powder)
- 80 ml water
- 750 g any potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 250 g frozen sweetcorn
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 25 g butter
- 75 g cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil potatoes until softened, drain and mash. Add remaining topping ingredients, except grated cheese.
- Meanwhile, drain tofu on kitchen paper and grate. Fry onion and tofu in oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add beans, ketchup, chilli sauce and water, bring to the boil and simmer for 3 – 5 minutes.
- Place tofu mix in an ovenproof dish, top with potato and grated cheese, and bake in a pre–heated oven for 20 minutes (190oC, 375oF, Gas Mark 5).
- Serve with crusty bread and seasoned vegetables.