I make this when my brother and sister come to visit me. They get it with cornbread and sasperella, if i told them what was in it they would turn their noses up but served like this it a "Cowboy dinner"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (220 g) package smoked tofu
- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (420 g) can vegetarian baked beans
- 4 tablespoons tomato ketchup
- 1 tablespoon mild chili sauce (1tsp chilli powder)
- 80 ml water
- 1Boil potatoes until softened, drain and mash. Add remaining topping ingredients, except grated cheese.
- 2Meanwhile, drain tofu on kitchen paper and grate. Fry onion and tofu in oil for about 5 minutes.
- 3Add beans, ketchup, chilli sauce and water, bring to the boil and simmer for 3 – 5 minutes.
- 4Place tofu mix in an ovenproof dish, top with potato and grated cheese, and bake in a pre–heated oven for 20 minutes (190oC, 375oF, Gas Mark 5).
- 5Serve with crusty bread and seasoned vegetables.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Cowboy Pie
Serving Size: 1 (458 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.6
- Calories from Fat 145
- Total Fat 16.2 g
- Saturated Fat 8.0 g
- Cholesterol 34.1 mg
- Sodium 880.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.3 g
- Sugars 18.2 g
- Protein 16.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: