Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
main dish, easy for a busy cook.
Make and share this cowboy pie recipe from Food.com.
- brown the ground beef and follow the directions on taco seasoning packet as though you are making tacos.
- in a casserole dish first add taco meat then sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over the meat.
- Next evenly spread the pace over cheese.
- Prepare the corn bread mix as package instructs you to and pour over meat mixture.
- Bake in a pre heated 350 oven for 30 minutes or until corn bread is cooked through.
- I serve this with sour cream and more salsa.
- you can also sprinkle the top of the corn bread before baking with green chilis.
I made this tonight for something quick easy and different it was very good and very easy to make thanks
Yums! I muscled it up a bit with red pepper flakes. Added some corn for crunch. Used Lawry's "Hot" taco mix. Left overs made a good breakfast next morning.
This was a very easy recipe that my husband enjoyed. I think I will try the green chilli's next time for the extra kick.