Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Here is a good marinade; good for beef steaks or pork chops.
- 1 1⁄2 cups canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry mustard
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves (crushed not sliced)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups apple juice (for pork chops)
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Makes 3 ½ - 5 ½ cups marinade. Use a zip-lock bag to put your steaks in, pour in marinade, remove air and seal. Keep steaks in the fridge for 3 - 24 hrs (depending on cut.) DO NOT RE-USE! Any unused marinade can be kept in the refrigerator for 1 week.
I made this for some pork rib tips, using the apple juice. It turned out really well. I halved the recipe since it seemed like it would be too much for my 4 lb of meat. That was the right decision (although I hate having to halve 1/3 c.!). No one flavor stood out after grilling, but my daughter did say she could taste the apple juice. It was kind of a sweet/salty effect. I will keep this recipe in my arsenal.
This marinade was fantastic. My sister made the ingredients the Gluten-Free option, as she and I are both Coeliacs. We did it with Pork Chops and Pork Rashers, marinated the meat for about 12 hours and then BBQed it. It tasted great. Will deftnitly use this marinade again.
Catherine from Buderim, Queensland, Australia