Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
Left over potatoes from the night before. Open a few tins , add vegetables, and you have a simple meal that most children will like.
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 onion
- 1 green pepper
- 2 carrots
- 125 g frozen green beans
- 1 (400 g) can vegetarian baked beans
- 1 (200 g) can sweet corn (undrained)
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- cheese, see note
- 450 g potatoes, par boiled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Grate or cube the cheese to suit your taste.
- Gently fry onion, pepper and carrot in oil until softened.
- Add green beans, baked beans, sweet corn, and tomato puree.
- Bring to the boil, and simmer five minutes.
- Transfer to a baking dish and scatter with cheese.
- Cover with sliced potatoes, brush with butter, and sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake 180C 30-40 minutes until potatoes are cooked.
I make this regularly but like to add American Bar-B-Q spice in the bean and vegetable mixture. I then add some cubed smoked cheese before I add the potato layer
This was sooooo easy to make and truly delicious! I kept to the ingredients and added more sweet corn, just the right texture, moist veggies, a very substantial meal.
Nice easy healthy dinner. It was a bit sweet to suit me, but DH & DD didn't think so. Had to leave out the green pepper because DD won't eat them. I used 3 oz of sharp cheddar and a bit of parmesan. It was nice to have something different. Thanks for posting!