Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Hard day on the range? Kitchen that is. If so have your DH fire up the grill and cook these tasty burgers outside.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 -6 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup hot barbecue sauce or 1⁄4 cup hearty barbecue sauce
- 4 kaiser rolls or 4 hamburger buns
- In medium bowl, combine all ingredients mixing lightly but thoroughly.
- Shape into 4 patties.
- Place patties on grid over medium ash-covered coals.
- Grill uncovered 14-16 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees, turning once.
- Place burger patties on buns and serve.
I used 2 garlic cloves, 6 dashes Worcestershire, no salt and pepper, plain but calorie-wise bbq sauce. DH cooked the burgers on the bbq. They fall apart (3 did). They were easy to break. The taste was a 4 for me but for DH it was a 3. Maybe there was too much cajun seasonning in it. And maybe a bit too much of bbq sauce, probably with 1/8 cup they would hold their shape better. Thanks Charlotte :) Made for Gimme 5 tag game
My 15 year old son made these for supper last night, and we all loved them. We found the mixture very moist, though, and hard to keep the patties from breaking when flipping, even though he had prepared the mixture in the morning and refrigerated all day.
I think I put in too much worcestershire sauce, my burger patties were to moist and didn't want to stay intact, but they still tasted good!