Recipe by Mona
This was one of my favorite dishes as a child.Hearty and mild in flavor.
Top Review by Polar Bear
This is indeed simple and very easy to make, but if you check the procedure, it doesnt say anything about adding water. I suggest that for more flavor, the ground beef, onions and garlic after being browned, be allowed to simmer for about 20 minutes before the rest of all the ingredients are added. It turns out tastier. On the whole, it is a fast one-dish meal with lots of fiber too.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 green pepper (chopped finely)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 4 large potatoes (peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick)
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can corn (undrained)
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- salt & pepper