Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This was one of my favorite dishes as a child.Hearty and mild in flavor.
- 1 lb ground chuck
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 green pepper (chopped finely)
- 1 (15 ounce) can kidney beans (drained and rinsed)
- 4 large potatoes (peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick)
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can corn (undrained)
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- salt & pepper
- Brown burger with the onion and gr.
- Drain off grease.
- Then add rest of ingredients.
- Simmer till potatoes are soft.
- About 30 minutes.
This is indeed simple and very easy to make, but if you check the procedure, it doesnt say anything about adding water. I suggest that for more flavor, the ground beef, onions and garlic after being browned, be allowed to simmer for about 20 minutes before the rest of all the ingredients are added. It turns out tastier. On the whole, it is a fast one-dish meal with lots of fiber too.
This was very good but it reminds me a lot of chili.
My family loved this stew and it was so quick to make. My eleven year old daughter says she'll make it next time, it's that easy. Many thanks.