Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
A very hearty breakfast that will fill up a houseful of boys who've spent the entire night playing video games :)
- 1 lb ground sausage
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 6 eggs
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 cups French bread, 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 1⁄4 cup chopped seeded green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup sliced black olives
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed garlic
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In a large skillet crumble sausage and cook with onion until sausage is browned; drain thoroughly.
- In a medium bowl beat together eggs, cream cheese and cream until smooth. Stir in bread pieces, Swiss cheese, zucchini, green bell pepper, celery, black olives, salt, pepper and garlic.
- Transfer to sausage mixture and toss until mixed together. Pour into greased 10-inch springform pan, or 9-inch square cake pan.
- Bake for 30 to 45 minutes or until center is firm.
I'll give it 3 stars because the taste was great, but even after baking it in a 9" cake pan for an hour, the middle was still runny. We had to cut out the edges to eat and the put the middle back into the oven to cook for another 15 minutes to set. I've never made a fritatta before but I don't think that's how it is supposed to cook. I think I'll try it in an iron skillet next time so it's a little more spread out to cook more evenly.