Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Semi-finalist in the Southern Living "I Can Do It Myself" recipe contest. Submitted by Jessica Delaney, age 8; Princeton, NJ.
- 6 frozen french toast, slices or 6 waffles
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 6 slices bacon, cooked (broken in half)
- 3 tablespoons salsa
- 3 process american cheese slices
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Prepare the French toast according to package directions. Set aside.
- Stir together eggs and milk.
- Melt butter in a skillet over medium heat; add egg mixture, and cook, stirring constantly, until soft scrambled.
- Place 3 French toast slices on a baking sheet; top evenly with bacon, scrambled eggs, salsa, and cheese.
- Sprinkle evenly with salt and pepper.
- Top with remaining French toast slices, pressing down gently on sandwiches.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 5 to 7 minutes.