Recipe by Diamondlil
They are actually muffins that taste just like cinnamon topped cake donuts. This is a very easy recipe that even children can make.
Top Review by MowseConspiracy
These are great donutty muffins. I didn't have nutmeg on hand so I used Chinese Five Spice Powder, and instead of vegetable oil I used olive oil. They came out great, slightly sweet and spiced muffins that to me taste like exotic donuts. I used a quarter the butter, and instead of dipping them I spooned on the butter, which worked just as well. Next time, and considering how easy they are to make there will be a next time, I will make double the batter and fill all twelve muffin cups a little fuller. This time I managed to eek out ten but they seem small to me, not mini just small. My new favorite muffin recipe, but I might try adding a little vanilla next time as well.
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine first four ingredients.Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine oil,egg,sugar and milk.
- Pour milk mixture into center of the well.
- Mix with a spoon just until moistened.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin pan, filling half way.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes.
- For topping, mix 1/2 cup sugar with the cinnamon.
- Dip tops of muffins in the melted butter, than in the cinnamon topping.
- Cool on a rack or serve warm.